A highly recognised South Australian company in the manufacturing and transport industry is seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant to join their highly skilled finance team.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this role is an integral part of the organisation’s financial and month-end reporting processes. The role will have a strong focus on maintaining the integrity of general ledger. You will be a highly energised and motivated individual who can work in harmony within a team environment, with a focus on managing and delivering expected outcomes.
- Monthly reconciliations including bank, loan and other GL accounts
- GL maintenance including adjustment, standard and accrual journals
- Preparation of daily cashflow forecasts
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts
- Cost Allocation
- Assisting in Weekly/Monthly reporting
- Undertaking weekly invoice run and debtor management
- Payment of credit cards
- Assisting in end of month and close of month procedures for all companies
What are we looking for?
- 1 – 2 years work experience within construction, transport or manufacturing would be ideal
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, CA/CPA or progressing towards
- Inquisitive and keen to learn with an ability to quickly assimilate learnings into practice
- Possess a strong analytical and problem-solving mind-set
- An excellent team player
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Advanced Microsoft office skills
- Self-starter who is able to work autonomously
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your accounting career and join a growing and diverse South Australian organisation. If you’re capable, motivated and can deliver, please forward your resume by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.