Opportunity for a passionate, creative and driven Business Development Manager to recruit a sales team and execute commercial strategy within an exciting tech scale-up that is progressing advanced manufacturing in Kent Town, Adelaide.
- Adelaide based scale-up focus on emerging technologies
- New showroom and manufacturing headquarters
- Build your sales team from the ground up
VALO Corporation is an Australian owned and operated company with its core product being LED lighting and visual displays. They are currently transitioning from importer to manufacturer, and have the long term goal to export ‘Australian made’ LED product into global markets.
Offering a diverse range of LED lights, visual displays, and IoT applications, VALO is committed to accelerating sustainable technologies, supported by significant investment in Industry 4.0 SMT machinery, a 3D print farm, and commercial drone services.
Currently in a strong growth phase nationally, VALO is seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager in a newly created role. You will be a foundation member of the management team and have the opportunity to create a high performing sales team.
Working closely with the GM Lighting Division, and reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for driving sales opportunities through existing and new B2B pipelines and conversion of business leads into projects.
- Work collaboratively with CCO, GM and communication teams ensuring sales targets and commercial strategy align to the corporate strategy
- Implement the company’s sales strategy across key market segments
- Manage and build relationships with our identified stakeholder eco-system including councils, major venues, commercial assets, peak sports bodies and arts sector, Electrical Wholesalers, Contractors and Consultants/Electrical Engineers
- Establish and maintain current and future accounts.
- Identify and develop business opportunities for all VALO products and services
- Support and manage the quote/estimation creation process
- Create presentations and proposals supported by our inhouse design team
- Follow up on leads and referrals
- Management reporting
- Overseeing the sales administration function
- Build a positive and productive culture within the sales team
- Identify and onboard new talent
- Keep informed of new trends, products, services and the general market landscape
This is an ideal opportunity for a business development professional who prides themselves on delivering results without compromising on integrity. You will have experience in implementing sales strategies and a robust knowledge of market channels.
Established networks in the lighting or electrical industries are not necessarily what we are searching for, however you must be able to demonstrate applicable experiences and skills in your current or previous roles.
Other skills and experience
- Ability to interpret and understand site plans and infrastructure projects at a high level.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Results driven, operating with integrity, honesty and maturity
- Ability to set and maintain budgets and deliver on time
- Strong leadership skills
- Value your teammates like a family
- All-in, and execute
- Lead with courage
- Open to collaboration
Please forward your resume by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.