Due to organic growth and the strategic direction within Adelaide’s northern suburbs, Town of Gawler is seeking to appoint a Civil Engineer – Major Land Development Projects, responsible for the delivery of premier land development projects with an emphasis on large scale greenfield land divisions.
With 10 major land developments at various stages the key to your success will be your ability to:
- Provide high-quality engineering advice in the assessment of all development and land divisions based on various legislative and regulatory requirements
- Provide specialist advice and information regarding all civil engineering matters
- Supervise the delivery of infrastructure projects
- Undertake regular inspections of developments and infrastructure
- Effectively liaise with, and provide advice to all stakeholders including Council, Developers and Government authorities
- Prepare and review contracts, agreements and documents
- Review technical drawings, designs and resolve any onsite issues
- Build effective working relationships with internal and external customers, government agencies, local government authorities and other key stakeholders.
To secure this role, you will be a Civil Engineer with experience in designing and/or working on Land Development projects with either Local Government or the private sector. You must however have an understanding of the Local Government Act, Development Act, Infrastructure of Assets statutory requirements and Section 51 Clearances.
You will also possess:
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of GIS standards and practices
- Well developed communication and negotiation skills to enable the building of effective, high-trust relationships
- Proven analytical and solution driven skills
- High level of analytical and conceptual thinking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Mapinfo as well as other relevant asset management and GIS systems
If you’re seeking a career defining role and are up to the challenge of leading these exciting land development projects, forward your resume and cover letter by clicking APPLY.
For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145 for a confidential discussion.