PMB Defence is the leading supplier of high-quality energy and specialised engineering solutions for submarines. Formed in 1989 for the sole purpose of producing the Main Storage Battery for the COLLINS Class of submarines, PMB’s services have since evolved to include engineering services as well as battery and niche product solutions for current and future submarine capabilities.
Dedicated to the design and manufacture of submarine battery systems to the highest standards, their purpose-built production, warehousing, R&D and engineering facilities are located at the Osborne Naval Precinct.
Due to continued growth and re-organisation, PMB Defence are seeking to appoint a Commercial and Contracts professional who will be responsible for contract management and delivery to the Commonwealth and other clients and suppliers. This role will also oversee procurement and logistic support functions at PMB.
As an integral part of the leadership team, this customer-facing role is diverse in nature and will ultimately see you interact with the entire business. Day to day your responsibilities will include:
- Providing commercial advice, negotiation expertise, contractual implementation and management across all aspects of the company.
- Acting as the senior commercial point of contact across the Company and developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing commercial plans and solutions in support of strategic growth initiatives and new product lines.
- Oversee the product delivery and logistic support functions provided by others on a daily basis to our major customers.
- Providing commercial advice, review, standardisation and control over complex and simple procurement activities.
- Management of 3-5 direct reports with day to day service delivery, inventory and procurement responsibilities.
You will possess strong commercial acumen with a proven track record of providing valuable commercial insights and recommendations, ultimately influencing senior internal and external stakeholders.
You might hail from a Commercial Law background or have experience working in a similar role within a complex organisation – ideally Defence or Government however Construction, Manufacturing or similar will also be considered.
Other attributes, experience and skills required include:
- Experience overseeing organisational contract management process including handling contract negotiations, contract preparation and documentation for legal review
- Ability to draft standards for contracts ensuring accuracy and appropriateness and prepare service agreement tenders
- Experience in a leadership role with excellent knowledge of strategic business practices
- Ability to manage deadlines, deliverables and supply progress reports
- Highly analytical with an inquisitive mind and able to break down complex problems into single and manageable components.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to operate and communicate at a senior level
- Solid understanding of manufacturing operations is desirable
- Strong knowledge of legislative and reporting requirements
- Previous experience with international stakeholders or international contract negotiation is desirable
Being a highly visible role, you will possess exceptional communication and presentation skills and be comfortable working in a dynamic and evolving environment with a culture of innovation.
Tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Law, or Contracts Law or similar will be highly regarded. The ability to obtain an NV1 clearance is required, therefore applicants must hold Australian Citizenship.
To apply please forward your resume in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.