Entering the production phase, VALO are seeking a manager to establish the manufacturing operations for this fast-moving tech company.
- Newly created role responsible for establishing the manufacturing function
- Adelaide based scale-up focused on emerging technologies
- New manufacturing headquarters in Kent Town
VALO Corporation is an Australian owned and operated company with its core product being LED lighting and visual displays. They are currently transitioning from importer to manufacturer and have the long-term goal to export ‘Australian made’ LED products into global markets.
Offering a diverse range of LED lights, visual displays, and IoT applications, VALO is committed to accelerating sustainable technologies, supported by significant investment in Industry 4.0 SMT machinery, a 3D print farm, and commercial drone services.
With strong growth and extensive R&D, VALO is now entering the production phase. The newly created position of Engineering and Production Manager will assist in establishing all manufacturing elements with the organisation.
Working closely with the Executive Leadership Team, your initial focus will be to implement the engineering and production systems and processes aligned to IS09001, leading the commissioning of all manufacturing assets and managing the recruitment of the engineering and production team.
- Managing Production, Quality, R&D and Product Development
- Leading the introduction of R&D project systems and processes
- Project management of the implementation of ISO9001 with the support of third parties
- Involvement in the strategy of the Product Roadmap, R&D projects and Manufacturing capability investments
- Managing the technical engagement requirements of suppliers and customers
- Providing information for quotations for internal and contract manufacturing projects
- Defining product performance requirements and specifications
- Managing and leading the Engineering, Production and Quality teams
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Engineer to be highly involved in the initial set up of the production environment and quality systems followed by the overall management.
Ideally you will possess degree qualifications in Engineering together with previous experience within a manufacturing environment.
Other required skills and experience include:
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to build and lead a high performing team within a dynamic environment
- Ability to scope and deliver high-level capital projects
- Ability to understand project budgets and costs
- Previous experience with, and an understanding of WHS and QA requirements
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to travel locally and interstate
- Value your teammates like a family
- All-in, and execute
- Lead with courage
- Open to collaboration
Please forward your resume by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.