Community Support Inc is a not for profit organisation that delivers quality one-to-one in-home and community-based support services. As experts in South Australia, our strength lies with our people, serving and responding to the individual and daily needs to people living with a disability, mental health issues and older people.
Community Support Inc is seeking to appoint an experienced Finance Manager. You will report to the General Manager, Corporate Services and be responsible for day-to-day management of the finance and payroll functions and the team ensuring accuracy and integrity of the data. You will manage the financial results and the overall performance of the finance team including management accounting, accounts receivable and payable, payroll and be the first contact for the IT Helpdesk.
Accountability and Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Production of monthly Board reports from Xero and our CRM utilising Microsoft PowerBI.
- Manage the end of month process.
- Manage internal IT Helpdesk as the first point of contact as the initial resolution point.
- Preparation of BAS, FBT, RTWSA and other statutory requirements.
- Development and management of cashflow to ensure sufficient business funding.
- Assist with compliance of financial legal requirements.
- Involvement in the implementation and improvement of systems.
- Establish positive relationships with business stakeholders.
- Lead with a supportive and participatory style.
Skills and Qualifications
As an integral member of the corporate services and leadership team, you will possess accounting qualifications and ideally have experience in managing the financial accounts process, finance functions and core finance management skills preferably within an NDIS or aged care environment.
You will be a natural leader with the ability to obtain the best out of people by leading from the front, setting an example, and assisting and mentoring the financial team. An open and friendly style would be highly regarded as we place enormous importance on “cultural fit”.
Other skills required:
- Ability to build relationships to drive process improvement and stakeholder engagement to achieve optimal outcomes
- Strong creative and logical ability
- Effective communication with people with disabilities
If you are seeking a role where you are an integral part of organisations future success, please forward your resume by clicking APPLY. For further confidential information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.