Micro-X is a recent start up, ASX listed company focusing on the design, development and manufacturing of ultra-lightweight X-ray products for the worldwide healthcare and imaging markets.
Due to high levels of growth, Micro-X is looking for a Financial Accountant with strong technical knowledge and an understanding of accounting processes and procedures. This role will see you primarily responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the accounting function, as well as the preparation of internal and external financial reporting and compliance with accounting standards and regulations. This role will see you involved in the business beyond the numbers, in various projects and analytical work.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, your technical responsibilities will include:
- Monthly management and financial reporting
- General ledger maintenance
- Variance Analysis
- Annual budget and forecasts
- Cash flow forecasts
- Statutory Accounts
- BAS and FBT returns
- Fixed Asset Register
- Assist in accounts payable and receivable (when required)
Skills and Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for a first move from the accounting profession and to take the step into a combined financial and analytical role. To be successful, you will possess the following:
- CA/CPA qualifications or near complete
- Sound technical knowledge of accounting practices, procedures and standards
- Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision and a high level of ownership
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to step beyond the pure technical and into business analysis
- The skills to take on financial and non-financial projects
If you’re seeking the next stage in your career and have experience from the accounting profession (audit or business services) and/or have a strong commercial experience, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document by clicking “Apply”. For further information, please contact Joanne Blackman, Blackman Mansfield Recruitment on 0435 890 145.