Sweat is the driving force behind the largest health and fitness app in the world, featuring renowned personal trainers including Kayla Itsines, Kelsey Wells, Sjana Earp, Stephanie Sanzo and Chontel Duncan. With a team approaching 100 people in the fields of app development, project management, marketing, public relations, operations and design, Sweat is driven by success and energised by the future. Sweat continues to experience growth worldwide with a global reach extending to over 195 countries in the world.
As the world’s largest digital gym and global innovative technology company, Sweat is one of South Australia’s hidden gems with their head office located in Adelaide. Due to continual expansion, Sweat is now setting up its corporate services function and as part of this move, they are seeking to appoint a Financial Controller.
About the role
The Financial Controller is a senior role providing high level oversight and strategic advice to the CEO, Executive Committee, leadership team and key stakeholders. You will oversee all functions of Sweat’s finance and accounting department, including the liaising and management of key external parties.
Your responsibilities will include:
- People Management and Leadership
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload and resources
- Actively participating as part of the leadership team in driving Sweat’s success
- Establishing a Finance Organisational structure aligned with business requirements
- Developing financial strategy, including risk mitigation plans and opportunity forecasting
- Providing support and advice to the Executives in relation to capital fundraising and structuring for investment
- Developing high-level financial reporting, analytics frameworks and finance rhythms
- Overseeing the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations
- Financial reporting, budgets, forecasts, cash flows and annual reports
- Financial analysis, bench-marking and performance measurement
- Creating a governance framework underpinned by appropriate levels of Policy and Process documentation
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Overseeing all transactional functions within the business
Skills and experience
To undertake this role, you must be CPA or CA qualified and ideally have worked within a fast-paced environment, either within a subscription-based business or a high transactional environment.
You will be a natural leader with the ability to obtain the best out of people by leading from the front, setting an example, and assisting and mentoring the financial team. An open and friendly style would be well regarded.
Other Requirements include:
- Ability to provide advice and make recommendations on financial matters
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, able to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- An energetic and positive attitude consistent with the Sweat brand
Sweat believe their employees are meant to grow through the development of their talents, and they support their employees with professional development and by providing them with an open, engaging and supportive working environment.
A competitive salary will be offered to match job requirements and demands.
This is a career defining role, allowing you the opportunity to work at both a strategic and ‘hands on’ level and be an integral part of Sweat’s future success. If you’re up for the challenge, forward your resume by clicking APPLY.
For further information please email Joanne Blackman on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Melanie Mansfield for a confidential discussion on 0411 471 822.