An innovative manufacturer and supplier to the construction industry is seeking to appoint a Financial/Management Accountant to work closely with the General Manager.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the financial and management reporting, analysis, statutory reporting, treasury and stock management.
This “hands on” role will see you lead a small administration/finance team and be involved in the day-to-day financial support of the business within a fast pace/rapid growth environment.
- Preparation of financial and management reports and consolidated reports
- General ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations
- Overall stock management including stock-take and analysis
- Preparation of business unit reports and the annual budgets
- Production forecast modelling re: sales, orders and profit expectations
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable processes ensuring systematic approach
- Oversee weekly cash management ensuring sufficient business funding
- Management/calculation of sales commissions
- Maintain job costing system with regards to stock control and pricing
- Preparation of all statutory requirements inc. BAS, FBT, super, RTW and Payroll tax
- Management of the year-end audit process
- Maintenance of all required licences
- Assist with improving and maintaining internal controls and financial procedures
Skills and Qualifications
As an integral member of the team, you will ideally possess an Accounting Degree together with CA/CPA qualifications or extensive experience in a similar environment would be highly regarded.
With your proven knowledge and experience from either a manufacturing or construction environment, you will possess an understanding of costing and stock management together with the ability to undertake business modelling.
Other skills required:
- Ability to lead and manage a small team
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability to operate in an environment that encourages the entrepreneurial mindset
- Open and honest communication with excellent written & verbal skills
If you enjoy being a key part of a business and having the ability to influence and work towards better outcomes, whilst still being in a “hands on” accounting role, APPLY now.
For further information contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145