Lutheran Community Care provides support to communities through emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter and refugee services. Foster Care Services (FCS) delivers family based foster care services throughout SA Metropolitan, Adelaide Hills, Barossa and Murray/Mallee regions.
Foster Care Services is seeking to appoint a Foster Care Case Worker, responsible for providing assessment, training, support and advocacy for foster carers to ensure highly successful placements and maximise the well-being of children in care.
Reporting to the Team Leader and working as part of a multi-site team, this role is office based with local travel required for regular home visits with foster carers.
- Provide advocacy and support for a case load of foster families
- Maintain regular contact with foster carers by telephone, email and home visits
- Develop and facilitate foster carer support groups
- Maintain up-to-date accurate case notes
- Plan and facilitate events for carers
- Conduct foster carer annual reviews
- Monitor foster carer compliance with accreditation requirements
- Assist other teams (assessment and placement) when required
- Participate in the after-hours on-call rostered support of foster carers
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete DCSI and have the flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends as well as the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of foster care services and issues facing fosters carers
- Knowledge of the effects of trauma and abuse, attachment issues and behaviour management in relation to children in care
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling the ability to work with a individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong skills in time management, setting priorities, planning and organising
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Lutheran Community Care offers a Level 4 salary and the opportunity to work for one of South Australia’s highly respected foster care environments. You will also have access to staff benefits, including salary packaging, ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
If you are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives and loves the challenge that this role will bring, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document by clicking “Apply”. For further information, please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.