The International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) prides itself on producing graduates of the highest calibre. Their alumni are well regarded within the international hospitality industry and hold positions at all levels of management both locally and overseas.
Key to the long-term success of the business has been its ability to recognise and take advantage of opportunities to continually enhance their service offering. This is an exciting time to join ICHM as they enter the next growth phase.
ICHM is seeking a Head of College to provide leadership and overall management of academic programs and student support services. With a global reputation for academic excellence and a commitment to delivering an exceptional student experience, they are seeking to appoint someone equally committed to providing education services at the highest standard.
As a member of the Senior Management Team and reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to two direct reports with overall responsibility of a team of approximately 30 staff
- Ensuring that ICHM’s curriculum and delivery is of a high quality, current and relevant to the needs of its stakeholders with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Managing the accreditation and registration process ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and associated reporting
- Effectively managing stakeholder relationships with local and international institutions and engaging with industry bodies and other associates
- Contributing to and reviewing the strategic plan
- Driving a culture of high performance and service excellence throughout the College
- Assisting with identifying new markets for business growth and the implementation of new initiatives
PhD qualified, you will possess senior management experience within a higher education environment including full administrative, budgetary and financial responsibility. Previous experience within the hospitality industry will be highly regarded.
ICHM is seeking an ambitious and highly motivated academic leader with a proven ability to lead and manage people effectively. Well-developed problem-solving and negotiating skills are a key requirement, as is the ability to engage with students and influence key stakeholders.
With quality at the forefront, your hands-on leadership style and commitment will ensure the highest level of service is consistently achieved.
ICHM has successfully retained a ‘family feel’ culture over the years. This role requires an individual who shares their values whilst enjoying and appreciating the advantages of working as part of a collaborative team.
Additionally you will have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills and be highly competent in communicating with people from diverse backgrounds and at all levels.
Occasional local and international travel will also be required.
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and covering letter in Word format by clicking APPLY. If you would like further information, please contact Melanie Mansfield on 0411 471 822 for a confidential discussion.