An exciting time for PMB Defence! As a leading provider of high quality Submarine battery systems, and related engineering solutions, this key player in the defence sector has seen increased growth in the past few years. This growth is set to continue as the much-anticipated maritime projects to be delivered in South Australia get under way.
Based at the hub of South Australia’s maritime precinct – Techport [Osborne], and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this newly created position of HR Generalist requires a confident and highly experienced HR professional with a broad skill set, outstanding communication skills and the ability to work autonomously.
The role is being offered on a part time basis, between 22-25 hours per week. With a workforce of circa 75 employees you will be accountable for all HR/people related matters and will be a valued and trusted team member.
- Develop and contribute to the continuous improvement of HR policies and procedures
- Manage the recruitment and selection process in conjunction with relevant manager’s
- Identify and coordinate training for internal staff
- Develop, plan and review performance management framework
- Ensure IR/ER compliance and handle any related matters
- Manage employee remuneration plan and review process
- Provide support, guidance and advice to managers and employees
- Identify and deliver HR related projects
Skills and Attributes:
- Previous experience in a hands-on, HR Generalist role [preferably within a manufacturing environment]
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Sound knowledge of Australian Industrial Relations and Award legislation
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships with people at all levels
- Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
If you’re seeking the opportunity to work in a challenging and fulfilling generalist role on a permanent part time basis, forward your resume by clicking APPLY.
For further information contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145 or Mel Mansfield on 0411 471 822.