Supaloc Steel Building Systems is a South Australian owned and operated company dedicated to providing innovative, Australian made, steel framing products to the world.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Industrial Designer/ Draftsperson to join their dynamic, highly skilled team based at Edinburgh North.
Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the design, development and maintenance of Supaloc products and design manuals, including the development and testing of new products.
Other responsibilities include:
- Drafting technical drawings and diagrams (digitally and by hand) for both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining a register, updating and recording technical drawing changes
- Developing prototypes of designs with a view towards mass production (3D printer or other)
- Providing finite element analysis (FEA) on prototype products and processes as well as reports based on the FEW output
- Providing technical support to internal stakeholders
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders regarding project delivery, and providing feedback as necessary
- Liaising with Product Engineering Manager and drafting department regarding development and updates of new products and processes
The person we are seeking will be either an experienced Industrial Designer/Draftsperson who is ready for their next challenge, or a talented Industrial Design graduate in the early stages of their career and seeking learning opportunities.
Either way, you will be someone who embraces innovation, enjoys working as part of a team and takes pride in their work.
Other skills, experience and attributes required include:
- The ability to analyse and resolve technical matters
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design (or similar)
- Demonstrated experience using 3D software packages (Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks)
- Design experience with cold-formed light gauge steel framing and related products (advantageous)
- Proficient knowledge of structural analysis systems (advantageous)
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft products
If you’re someone who enjoys learning and expanding their knowledge and would love to join an industry leading South Australian organisation, this could be the opportunity for you!
Please forward your resume in MS Word by clicking “APPLY”. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.