Due to rapid expanison in the northern suburbs, Town of Gawler is seeking to appoint a Strategic Infrastructure Manager for a 2 year contract to oversee all aspects of planned infrastructure projects including; project scoping, consultation and communication, approvals, procurement of professional services, design development and financial management.
This is an excellent opportunity to draw on your extensive project management experience and play an integral role in the development of the region.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Infrastructure and Engineering Services, you will be responsible for the client side management of significant State Government projects being delivered in the Town of Gawler including; Gawler Rail Electrification Project ($462M), Gawler East Link Road ($55M), various arterial/local road intersection upgrades ($8M) as well as oversight of the Gawler East Residential Zones Traffic Interventions governance ($16M) and other respective major project interfaces.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project design review and development
- Manage, review and finalise project contracts, plans and specifications
- Negotiating and overseeing the development of legal documentation
- Preparation of Council project update reports
- Provide advice as Council’s representative on all aspects of the projects
- Management of professional staff
To be successful in this role, you will have Degree qualifications in Project Management or Engineering (Civil) discipline and comprehensive experience in client side project management for the design and delivery of large and complex projects in an urban environment.
You will also possess the following;
- Excellent written skills with the ability to write complex reports
- Ability to prepare financials and monitor budgets
- Effective assessment and decision making skills
- Ability to manage, lead and direct consultants/contractors
- Ability to negotiate and advocate for strategic outcomes
This is a fantastic opportunity to manage multiple, substantial projects, both strategically as well as “hands on” and be involved in the significant expansion of Adelaide’s north.
If you’re seeking a challenging role with defined outcomes forward your resume and cover letter by clicking APPLY.
For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145 for a confidential discussion.