Eldercare is one of the largest and most well-established aged care providers in South Australia, currently seeking to appoint a Learning & Development Coordinator to manage the design, development and implementation of learning and development programs for their 1600 employees.
Reporting to the Strategic Development Unit Manager, the Learning and Development Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the planning, delivery and coordination of mandatory compliance training programs ensuring meeting of legislative and industry requirements. In this ‘hands on” role, you will be a key player in building positive relationships with educational institutions, training providers and internal managers, staff, and students.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Coordination of mandatory compliance training programs
- Coordination of training including venues, attendee, catering, materials, and equipment
- Management of orientation and induction of new staff
- Management of the learning and development calendar
- Coordinating external training and conference attendance including travel and accommodation
- Maintenance of the learning and training systems
- Recruitment, coordination and engagement of clinical students and trainees
- Promotion of the clinical student placement and trainee programs
- Assisting managers with the design and delivery of training and e-learning packages
- Ensuring data from all L&D activities is captured to enable effective monitoring and reporting of programs
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this fast paced, varied, and key role, you will possess tertiary qualifications in Organisational Development/Training & Assessment/Education or a related field, combined ideally with previous experience in an L&D role from within a large and highly regulated environment.
Given the nature of this role, you will enjoy taking ownership of the management of simultaneous obligations, with the ability to manage high-volume levels of data. It is critical that you possess exceptional coordination and organisational skills together with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
Other requirements include:
- Experience in the development of L&D programs and initiatives
- Experience in training facilitation
- Ability to build relationships through strong communication written and verbal communications
- Strong time management skills
If you’re a L & D professional with experience in a high-volume environment looking to apply your knowledge within a community focused role, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
Please submit your resume and covering letter by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.