Varied position with a focus on the coordination of international shipments. Large national retailer, permanent full-time position.
- Varied, challenging and busy role
- Great team culture, staff discounts available
- Gillman location (Port Adelaide)
For over 30 years, millions of Australians have chosen Spendless Shoes as their preferred footwear retailer. With over 200 convenient stores, 1,000 amazing team members, and a huge range styles to suit every member of the family, this is a great opportunity to join a national, well-known brand.
Working within the Finance team, but working closely with both the Buying department and Distribution centre, the role will involve:
- Coordination of international shipments with suppliers
- Preparation of purchase orders for overseas buying agents
- Liaising with freight forwarders to confirm shipment dates and subsequent payments
- Checking of customs duties charged
- Communication of shipment delays, payment details and errors with the Buying department and agency
- Managing day to day tasks including following up delays, invoicing errors, and payment processing, ensuring POs, invoices, and shipping records are detailed and accurate
- General administration as required
In addition, the role with also assist with store stocktake scheduling, variance analysis and local shipment processing between the Distribution centre and all 200+ stores nationally.
To be successful in this role, you will be someone who enjoys having a level of responsibility, has a sense of urgency and exceptional follow up skills.
Other key requirements, skills and attributes include:
- Previous experience in an international logistics role
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with overseas agencies, local freight forwarders, customs agency and the Buying department
- An understanding of freight forwarding and international payment processing
- The ability to be flexible, adaptable and remain calm under pressure
- Able to work effectively within, and contribute to a positive team environment
- Proficiency in Excel with fast and accurate data entry skills
If you possess the required skills and experience and are seeking an opportunity to further develop your logistics knowledge within a high volume, fast paced retail environment, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter to Melanie Mansfield at Blackman Mansfield Recruitment by clicking APPLY.
Further enquiries can be directed to Mel 0411 471 822