Purely Natural Yoghurt produces some of the most loved and popular yoghurt brands across Australia. From its humble beginnings in 2003, they now supply yoghurt across five countries, and in more than 2000 retailers.
With their manufacturing plant and head office still proudly based in South Australia, Purely Natural Yoghurt are on an exciting path of growth and innovation, and key to this success is their people.
Purely Natural Yoghurt are seeking to appoint a highly skilled and experienced Manufacturing Manager to manage and direct the production, maintenance, and quality assurance functions of their Burton site.
As a senior leader within the business, you will drive best practice and continuous improvement initiatives to maximise efficiencies and improve operational performance. With a focus on food safety, hygiene, and a passion for quality, you will partner with stakeholders to deliver the required results.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the General Manager, Sales and Finance, your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the Manufacturing, Plant Operations, Quality, R&D and logistics departments
- Leading, motivating and developing a team of 20 (including 2 direct reports)
- Ensuring outstanding productivity performance, food quality and safety
- Budget and cost management across the manufacturing function
- Labour and maintenance planning to meet business requirements
- Reviewing and implementing processes and procedures with a focus on innovation and creating efficiencies
- Collaborating with functional departments
- Applying Lean manufacturing principles
Due to the critical nature of this role, we are seeking someone with a track record of achieving positive outcomes within manufacturing operations to support Purely Natural Yoghurt as they enter an exciting phase of growth and innovation.
A dedication to achieving operational excellence is paramount. A background in food science or significant experience in quality control will be highly regarded.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- Degree in Business or Operations Management Food Safety, or a related field
- Previous experience within food manufacturing
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean manufacturing principles
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships at all levels
- A collaborative approach to your work
- Well-developed strategic analysis and planning ability
- Strong budgeting, financial planning and reporting skills
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and multi-task with excellent attention to detail
- Supporting and promoting a culture of continuous improvement
- A commitment to work, health and safety
- IT savvy with proficiency in a range of software programs
If you’re seeking an opportunity to apply your experience and expertise in manufacturing operations and join a growing, innovative South Australian food manufacturer, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter to Melanie Mansfield at Blackman Mansfield Recruitment by clicking APPLY. Further enquiries can be directed to Mel on 0411 471 822.