A highly successful manufacturer and exporter located in the beautiful Barossa Valley is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to undertake a wide range of projects within the organisation. These projects will be diverse in nature and will include upgrades to existing manufacturing infrastructure as well as new installations.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have overall responsibility for; project planning in the implementation of capital works and preventative maintenance projects, contractor management, installation and commissioning of equipment, reviewing the projects on completion and providing progress reports.
Other responsibilities include:
- Implementation of capital projects including planning, costing, initiating, overseeing and reviewing outcomes
- Engaging, liaising and overseeing the progress of consultants and contractors
- Undertaking formal site inductions for all external contracts
- Coordinating/undertaking risk assessments of new and modifications to plant and equipment
- Preparing technical design and drawings for projects
- Preparation of tenders
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering ( + trade qualifications would be ideal)
- Previous experience in a similar role within a high-tech manufacturing environment
- Experience and extensive knowledge of project management principles
- Ability to prepare, assess and manage tender processes
- Experience in CAD
- High level communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and be highly organised to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
If you’re someone who loves to ‘makes things happen’, enjoys being ‘hands on’ and are ready for a new challenge – this is the opportunity for you! Forward your resume in Word format by clicking “APPLY”. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.