Opportunity for a passionate and energetic Office Manager to take ownership over the smooth operation of the office within an exciting tech scale-up that is progressing advanced manufacturing in Kent Town.
- Become a part of a newly created team
- Adelaide based scale-up focused on emerging technologies
- New showroom and manufacturing headquarters
VALO is an Australian owned and operated company with its core product being LED lighting and visual displays. They are currently transitioning from importer to manufacturer and have the long-term goal to export ‘Australian made’ LED product into global markets.
Offering a diverse range of LED lights, visual displays, and IoT applications, VALO is committed to accelerating sustainable technologies, supported by significant investment in Industry 4.0 SMT machinery, a 3D print farm, and commercial drone services.
Currently in a strong growth phase nationally, VALO is seeking to appoint an Office Manager in a newly created role. As the Office Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the office and for supporting staff in an agile organisation. The position provides support to the CEO, COO and CCO, as well as day-to-day office management and reception.
Reporting directly to the COO, the role involves confidential, high-level information as well as engagement with internal and external stakeholders. This is a diverse, hands-on role which requires professionalism, strong interpersonal skills, energy and attention to detail.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to all staff.
- Coordinate diary, email and travel management.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and presentations for the Executive team.
- Oversee the planning and execution of organisations meeting, staff functions and company events.
- Develop, implement and maintain office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Coordinate with IT service providers with regards to maintenance, upgrades and daily issues.
- Train new staff on computer programs.
- Assist in the recruitment of staff and coordinate inductions of new staff members.
- Manage and monitor OH&S requirements to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Undertake general office and reception duties.
To be successful in this newly created role, you will have previous experience in a similar role and possess high-level administration, organisational and planning skills. You will also be proactive, have a collaborative mindset, and be able to work independently within a team environment.
Other skills and experience
- Ability to manage confidential information and maintain professional standards
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to liaison with various stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills including working to deadlines
- Demonstrated writing skills and advanced MS Office skills
- Tertiary qualifications in business administration and/or equivalent qualifications (desirable)
- Value your teammates like family
- All-in, and execute
- Lead with courage
- Open to collaboration
If you like taking ownership to ensure the smooth operation of the office together with the passion to operate in an exciting tech scale-up, please forward your resume by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.