Steeped in history and tradition, this sporting club sits in a unique setting with manicured lawns and wonderful views of the sea. The Club rooms include a dining room, bar facilities and function rooms allowing small intimate groups through to larger functions up to 180. The Club is open 7 days a week providing the highest level of service to its members and user groups.
The newly created position of Club/Operations Manager, will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations, marketing, financials, maintenance and supervision of staff including Food and Beverage Manager, Hospitality and Events Manager, Accounting and Administration staff. You will also provide support to the Board and Committees, as well as delivering outstanding customer service to members
This full time salaried position requires permanent weekend work(Wednesday to Sunday).
- Continually building/maintaining relationships with members
- Effective management of membership enquiries
- Develop strategies to attract and retain members
- Manage sponsorship relationships
- Market and promote the facilities and services to user groups.
- Oversee all financial aspects of the club including monthly financial reporting
- Effective management of staff, including co-ordinating, performance reviews, delegation, planning and recruitment
- Act in the role of Public Officer and Responsible Officer
- Implement strategies as directed by Management Committee
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Supervisory/management experience in a member based sporting environment
- Strong leadership experience with an ability to inspire others
- Exceptional ability to build relationships, communication and staff management
- Bachelor of Business/Commerce would be beneficial
- A sound understanding of marketing principals and social media
- Advanced computer skills
- A true hospitality mindset
To successfully undertake the role of Club/Operations Manager, you will be self-motivated and energetic with a customer focus and a commitment to excellence. You will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, be solutions focused and have the confidence to take initiative.
If this is you, please forward you resume in word format by clicking “APPLY”. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman 0435 890 145 or Mel Mansfield 0411 471 822.