PMB Defence is the leading supplier of high-quality energy and specialised engineering solutions for submarines. Formed in 1989 for the sole purpose of producing the Main Storage Battery for the COLLINS Class of submarines, PMB’s services have since evolved to include engineering services as well as battery and niche product solutions for current and future submarine capabilities.
With South Australia being the ‘hub’ for the Defence sector, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry offering long term career prospects and an organisation in an exciting growth phase.
Due to continued growth, PMB Defence are seeking a Parts Coordinator to join their busy and growing team located at their new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Osborne.
Reporting to the Product Support Manager, you will be responsible for providing parts coordination, procurement services and logistics support, working closely with the manufacturing team.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, processing and developing responses for RFQ’s
- Filing, monitoring and expediting sales orders
- Raising and monitoring factory orders to fulfil Purchase Orders
- Initiating procurement of indirect goods, materials and services
- Developing quotes for ancillary refurbishments and deliveries
- Maintaining appropriate BoM stock levels
- Acting as Commonwealth and customer point of contact for sales and parts related matters
- Preparation of orders for all goods and materials
- Managing and administering purchase orders and contracts
- Logistics coordination and general administration duties
To truly thrive in this diverse role, you will be self-motivated and highly organised with an eagerness to further develop your supply chain experience. You will also be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and taking ownership of your work.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff and external suppliers
- A sense of urgency, a pro-active approach and able to work to deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible with a willingness to assist in a range of areas
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Previous experience in a similar role (ideally in Defence or a related industry)
- The ability to obtain NV1 Defence Clearance (Must be an Australian Citizen)
- A qualification within Supply Chain Management is highly desirable, as is previous experience using MILIS
If you’re seeking an opportunity to advance your supply chain career and are excited by the prospect of joining an innovative business within a growth sector, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please forward your resume and covering letter in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.