Beerenberg is a proud Australian family-owned business with an unwavering passion to enrich people’s lives through taste. For six generations on a pristine family farm in Hahndorf, they have transformed fresh farm produce into traditional home-style jams, sauces and condiments enjoyed by consumers worldwide. All of which are naturally delicious. At Beerenberg, they add nothing artificial. That includes their staff.
With their new state-of-the-art facility and consistent business growth, Beerenberg are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate individual to the newly created role of Category Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement and working as one of two Category Managers, you will be responsible for sourcing, managing and negotiating contracts and purchasing of materials and services.
- Undertaking purchasing in-line with the Procurement Strategy and MRP
- Negotiation and management of supplier contracts
- Forecasting of procurement needs for materials and services
- Development, implementation and achievement of procurement plans
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of management reports
- Review production schedules and MRP
- Maintaining procurement records/data and pricing
- Ensuring supplier compliance for QA, HACCP and other policies
- Identifying opportunities to improve procurement processes and procedures
Skills and Experience
To truly thrive in this role, you will ideally possess qualifications in procurement and a strong understanding of procurement and purchasing protocols/standards. You will also have previous experience within a similar role, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- Confidence to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- High level negotiation skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skill to enable the building of strong relationships with suppliers, customers and internal staff
- A sense of urgency, a pro-active approach and the ability to work to deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
Beerenberg strive to be a genuine employer of choice for genuine people who genuinely share their passion for excellence. If you would love to join the Beerenberg family, please forward your resume in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.