About to enter their 50th year in business, this successful SA company – an importer and distributor to the automotive and commercial air conditioning market is currently experiencing exceptional business growth. They are renowned for the high level of service they consistently provide to their customers and are an organisation who truly value their staff.
Due to recent growth the business is seeking to appoint a Procurement & Purchasing Officer to complement their small yet talented supply chain team, based at their state-of-the-art head office in the southern suburbs (just 15 mins from the CBD).
Your previous procurement/purchasing experience will give you the confidence to effectively manage the end to end purchasing process ensuring operational demands are met.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with local and overseas suppliers and building and maintaining effective relationships
- Negotiating with suppliers to obtain the best pricing and supply options
- Raise purchase orders in line with internal processes
- Ensure orders and deliveries are completed within the required time-frame
- Manage stock levels and supplies
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to achieve best outcomes for customers
- Assist with sourcing new products
- Manage any discrepancies or queries regarding orders
- Provide input into procurement policies and procedures
To truly thrive within the team, you will possess some previous purchasing and/or procurement experience with an eagerness to build on these skills. You will also enjoy working in a fast paced, high volume environment and taking ownership for your work. Your excellent interpersonal skills will ensure you are effective not only at building great relationships with internal staff, but also negotiating positive outcomes with suppliers and other key stakeholders.
You will have previous experience in procurement or purchasing as well as:
- Confidence to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience managing commercial negotiations
- Sound knowledge and understanding of procurement methodology and tools
- A sense of urgency, pro-active approach and the ability to work to deadlines
- Strong MS Office skills
- An interest in continuous improvement and the flexibility to work in an evolving environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement, Purchasing or Supply Chain will be highly regarded
If you’re keen to build on your procurement/purchasing skills and are excited about the prospect of joining a highly engaged and passionate team, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please forward your resume in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.