Local Government Association Procurement (LGA Procurement) supports South Australian councils to deliver the best value to their communities through the efficient and effective procurement of a wide range of products and services.
It’s an exciting time to join LGA Procurement as they enter a growth phase due to recent strategic changes across the business. Due to this growth, they are currently seeking to appoint a Procurement Specialist to complement their small, high performing team.
This end-to-end procurement role will see you manage supply market analysis, tender documentation, analysing key suppliers and negotiating contracts for both products and services.
Whilst you will have experience in some of the core practices of procurement ie tender writing, relationship building, managing contract negotiations, this role is an ideal opportunity to extend your skills and specialise in the field.
Your exceptional interpersonal skills will ensure you are effective not only at building great relationships with council staff, but also negotiating key outcomes with vendors.
- Develop and draft acquisition plans, tender packages, specifications and evaluation criteria
- Administer and manage contracts
- Undertake research and analysis to achieve strategic procurement operational outcomes
- Undertake vendor analysis and risk mitigation
- Manage potential vendor disputes
- Influence stakeholders in the procurement processes face-to-face, and indirectly
- Collaborate with stakeholders to achieve best outcomes for customers
- Identify, monitor, innovate and improve client outcomes
- Preparation of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, flowcharts and database management
- Training of procurement processes
You will possess:
- Experience in the procurement field
- Ability to prepare complex procurement documentation and reports
- Working knowledge of procurement tools
- Knowledge of Australian Contract Law and the application to commercial contracting
- Procurement within a Civil Engineering environment (advantageous)
If you are passionate about procurement, adaptable, highly ethical and place a strong emphasis on building relationships and business partnering, please forward your resume in Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman 0435 890 145 or Mel Mansfield 0411 471 822.