An exciting opportunity has become available for a Project Engineer to join this ASX listed company in the renewable energy sector. With the recent commercialisation of their product and a number of projects already underway, they are seeking to appoint a highly experienced Electrical Engineer (or an Industrial Electrician with significant project and design experience) to join their engineering team.
Our client is known for their product innovation and use of cutting-edge technology. With this role being the sole electrical engineer in the team, they require someone who is keen to embrace new technologies and expand their knowledge while demonstrating substantial experience in the full project life-cycle from design to commissioning.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will take the lead on all electrical related project delivery requirements including design, component selection, construction, integration, maintenance and repair of complex control systems, PLC automation, instrumentation, SCADA, HMI and VSD’s.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Develop design concepts and engineering scopes of work
- Design of electrical control systems including cable schedules, transformer sizing, MCC design input
- PLC, HMI and SCADA programming
- Commissioning, supervision and maintenance of systems
- Monitor project costs and prepare related reports (budget, project progress etc)
- Provide technical support to internal and external trades
- Liaise with Project Managers, stakeholders, customers, consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Ensure technical QA on assigned projects
- Usage of MS Office
- Demonstrated experience in the full project life-cycle from design to commissioning
- Engineering degree or Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Practical experience with PLCs, HMIs, VSDs and SCADA systems. Knowledge of PLC/HMI programming would be highly regarded as would experience with HV and LV systems
- Capability with AutoCAD and interpreting schematics (2D)
- Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and standards, including local authority and Australian Electrical standards
- Ability to analyse and resolve technical matters
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel throughout metropolitan Adelaide dependant on the project location, initially southern suburbs to CBD.
If you are someone who embraces innovation, enjoys working on a variety of projects and would love to join an organisation with exciting prospects, this could be the opportunity for you!
Please forward your resume in MS Word format by clicking “APPLY”. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.