PMB Defence is the leading supplier of high-quality energy and specialised engineering solutions for submarines. Formed in 1989 for the sole purpose of producing the Main Storage Battery for the COLLINS Class of submarines, PMB’s services have since evolved to include engineering services as well as battery and niche product solutions for current and future submarine capabilities.
With South Australia being the ‘hub’ for the Defence sector, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry offering long term career prospects and an organisation in an exciting growth phase.
Due to continued growth, the business is seeking to appoint aPurchasing Assistant to complement their small but busy supply chain team. Reporting to the Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for day to day purchasing duties and inventory support ensuring operational demands are met.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Raising purchase orders in line with internal processes
- Ensuring that orders and deliveries are completed within the required time-frame
- Managing stock levels and supplies
- Managing any discrepancies or queries regarding orders
- Maintaining accurate purchasing records
- Engaging with and building effective relationships with local and overseas suppliers
- Negotiating with suppliers to obtain the best pricing and supply options
- Assisting with sourcing new products and suppliers
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Providing input into improving/streamlining procurement policies and procedures
- General administrative tasks as required
To truly thrive in the role, you will possess some previous purchasing and/or procurement experience (ideally within manufacturing) with an eagerness to build on these skills. You will also enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and taking ownership of your work.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- The confidence to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Sound knowledge and understanding of procurement and purchasing methodologies and the supply chain function
- A sense of urgency, a pro-active approach and the ability to work to deadlines
- High attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Adaptable and flexible with a willingness to assist in a range of areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- The ability to obtain NV1 Defence Clearance (Must be an Australian Citizen)
If you’re keen to build a career within purchasing and procurement and are excited by the prospect of joining an innovative business within a growth sector, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please forward your resume in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.