An Adelaide based company with interstate branches, providing end-to-end engineering solutions across a variety of industries is seeking to appoint a Purchasing Officer to join the team in a newly created role.
Based at the Head Office in the northern suburbs, this position will play a key role in purchasing high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for a wide variety of projects. This is the opportunity to take the next step in your career.
- Purchasing products as per plans
- Maintaining records of purchases, pricing, and other data
- Processing purchase orders
- Creation and maintenance of good relationships with suppliers
- Review and analyse all suppliers, availability and price options
- Ensure that the purchases are of a high quality
- Liaise with internal divisions including planners, estimators, project managers and factory staff
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures
- Conduct accurate stocktakes
- Attend to short supply or damage goods concerns
- General administration
Skills and Experience
To be successful as a new team member in this newly developed role, you will ideally have some experience gained from within a manufacturing, fabrication or construction environment in a purchasing role. The expectation is not that you know it all but that you have the confidence and ability to ask questions.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of individuals
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook and Excel)
This role provides the opportunity to advance your career within the purchasing/procurement environment in a forward-thinking organisation. Please forward your resume and cover letter by clicking APPLY.
For further information please contact Joanne Blackman 0435 890 145.