PMB Defence is the leading supplier of high-quality energy and specialised engineering solutions for submarines. Formed in 1989 for the sole purpose of producing the Main Storage Battery for the COLLINS Class of submarines, PMB’s services have since evolved to include engineering services as well as battery and niche product solutions for current and future submarine capabilities.
With South Australia being the ‘hub’ for the Defence sector, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry offering long term career prospects and an organisation in an exciting growth phase.
Due to continued growth, PMB Defence are seeking a Sales Coordinator/Procurement Assistant to join their busy and growing team located at their new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Osborne.
Reporting to the Commercial & Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for providing sales coordination, procurement services and support to manufacturing projects.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Receiving, processing and developing responses for RFQ’s
- Filing, monitoring and expediting sales orders
- Raising and monitoring factory orders to fulfil Purchase Orders
- Initiating procurement of indirect goods, materials and services
- Maintaining appropriate BoM stock levels
- Acting as Commonwealth and ASC point of contact for Sales and Parts related matters
- Preparation of orders for all goods and materials
- Managing and administering purchase orders and contracts
- Assessing BoM Supplier quotations, making sourcing recommendations and negotiating BoM contracts
- Assisting with the management of BoM supply chain and supply relationships with Australian and overseas suppliers
- Logistics coordination and general administration duties including BoM reporting and forecasting
To truly thrive in this diverse role, you will be self-motivated and highly organised with an eagerness to further develop your procurement knowledge. You will also be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and taking ownership of your work.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff and external suppliers
- A sense of urgency, a pro-active approach and able to work to deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible with a willingness to assist in a range of areas
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Previous experience in a similar role (ideally in Defence or a related industry)
- A Tertiary qualification within Procurement is highly desirable, as is previous experience using MILIS
- The ability to obtain NV1 Defence Clearance (Must be an Australian Citizen)
If you’re seeking an opportunity to advance your procurement career and are excited by the prospect of joining an innovative business within a growth sector, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please forward your resume in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.