A large national organisation with head office located in Adelaide is seeking to appoint an accomplished, go getting individual to the newly created role of Senior Financial Accountant.
In this “hands on” position of Senior Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for providing professional expertise to the Finance Manager and the business as a whole, together with the overall delivery of a high level of financial and accounting services to the business and subsidiaries.
- Financial reporting
- Consolidatation of monthly profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Managing the month-end timetable and month end close
- Assisting with end of year financial statements for consilidated group and subsidiaries
- Providing audit support
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Maintaining the chart of accounts
- Managing and maintaining the asset register
- Assisting with capitalisation policy advice and development
- Assisting with procure-to-pay project
- Responding to internal inquiries by gathering and interpreting relevant data
- Assisting with the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and workplace instructions to facilitate the continued improvement of the finance teams’ deliverables.
Skills, Qualities and Technical Knowledge required:
To perform successfully in this role, you must be CPA/CA qualified. Ideally, you will have gained experience from both the accounting profession and commercial environment and will have an in-depth knowledge of accounting processes.
You will also possess:
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience in Technology One Financials is highly desirable
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a fast-paced, flourishing organisation and be an integral part of its future success.
This role will ideally suit an Accountant returning from overseas, or an individual seeking a new challenge. Please forward your resume in MS Word by clicking Apply. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.