Sweat is the driving force behind the largest health and fitness app in the world, featuring renowned personal trainers including Kayla Itsines, Kelsey Wells, Sjana Earp, Stephanie Sanzo and Chontel Duncan. With a team approaching 100 people in the fields of app development, project management, marketing, public relations, operations and design, Sweat is driven by success and energised by the future. Sweat continues to experience growth worldwide with a global reach extending to over 195 countries in the world.
As the world’s largest digital gym and global innovative technology company, Sweat is one of South Australia’s hidden gems with their head office located in Adelaide. Due to continual growth, Sweat is now setting up their corporate services function and as part of this move, they are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Accountant.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for providing expertise to the Financial Controller and the business as a whole in the maintenance and application of Sweat’s financial, statutory and regulatory reporting systems and provide accurate, timely and relevant financial reports to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Financial and management reporting
- Consolidation of monthly profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgets and forecast
- Managing the month-end timetable and month end close
- Providing audit support and assisting with the statutory account preparation
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Maintaining the chart of accounts
- Managing and maintaining the asset register
- Assisting with capitalisation policy advice and development
- Responding to internal inquiries by gathering and interpreting relevant data
- Assisting with the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and workplace instructions to facilitate the continued improvement of the finance teams’ deliverables.
Skills, Qualities and Technical Knowledge required:
To perform successfully in this role, you must possess a Bachelor of Accounting and be CPA or CA qualified. Ideally you will have gained experience from both the profession and commercial environment and will have an in-depth knowledge of accounting processes.
You will also possess:
- Ability to cope with changes and a willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn and be open to tasks at varying levels
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and with minimal supervision
A competitive salary will be offered to match the job requirements and demands of the role.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a fast-paced, growing organisation and be an integral part of Sweat’s future success. If you’re up for the challenge, forward your resume in MS Word by clicking Apply. For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.