Permanent part time position providing contract and commercial support to a dynamic SA business in the Defence sector.
- Permanent part time position .6FTE
- Dynamic organisation, great work environment and team
- Defence sector – Osborne location
Our client is a leading supplier of high-quality energy and specialised engineering solutions for the defence sector. Located in Osborne, they are an innovative organisation committed to providing their military customers with world leading products and services.
Their culture is inclusive, supportive and people focused. They embrace and encourage collaboration and their team genuinely enjoy working together. An added benefit is the opportunity to work from their ultra-modern, near new offices!
Due to ongoing growth, the newly created part time position of Senior Commercial & Contracts Officer will provide contracts and commercial support and services to a range of projects.
Reporting to the Commercial & Contracts Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced contracts and commercial professional to kickstart, or further their career in the defence sector with an Adelaide based business.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing contractual support for bids and contracts, including responses to tenders, conducting contractual reviews of customer requirements, making recommendations, and working with the reporting manager and/or Bid Manager in formulating tender responses
- Identifying cost drivers, commercial risks and proposing solutions for any contractual issues
- Working with engineering, finance, manufacturing, project management and supply chain functions in delivering the tender/contract outcomes
- Providing input into commercial summaries for required approval
- Managing/assisting with contract mobilisation activities, contract change proposals (CCPs) and participating in CCP reviews
- Assisting in the drafting of subcontract terms and conditions
- Providing contractual input to project reports
- Reviewing Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) and other similar documents
- Assisting with export approvals, End User Certificates and liaising with export authorities
- Providing contractual support to Plant and Equipment related quotes and tenders
- Supporting various departments in supplier evaluation, negotiations, terms and conditions
- Assisting with the development and implementation of processes and procedures
Whether you’re returning to the workforce after parental leave, or are simply seeking more balance in your life, this is an excellent opportunity to work on a part time basis without compromising on the level or nature of the role.
Our ideal applicant will possess strong commercial acumen, problem-solving and analytical skills in contract interpretation, negotiation, and management.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- Previous experience working in a commercial, contracts or supply chain functions, ideally within defence, manufacturing, or engineering firms
- Experienced in liaising with Australian, European, or other international defence customers and suppliers
- An understanding of various cost drivers and commercial risks
- A track record in building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills together with a high level of organisation and initiative
- The ability to work collaboratively across different disciplines
- The ability to obtain NV1 Defence Clearance (Must be an Australian Citizen)
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.