The Adelaide Hills Council area is a great place to live, work and visit. Easily accessible from the east and southeast suburbs, and with free onsite parking, working in the hills is a great alternative to travelling to the CBD for work each day.
The Adelaide Hills Council is seeking to appoint a Senior Cyber Security ICT Officer in a full-time role for a 24-month assignment, based in Stirling.
The position provides high-level support for Council’s technology systems and importantly has a Cyber Security focus working closely with consultants, the ICT team, and internal staff.
Working within a complex environment, you will provide specialist advice in areas of cyber security, servers, and network infrastructure.
- Implementing a Cyber Security Framework
- Providing specialist Cyber Security advice and support to the organisation
- Ensuring endpoint detection and response systems are operational and managed
- Supporting and maintaining a complex ICT network infrastructure aligned to Cyber Security Plans
- Implementing technical cyber security controls
- General technology support and maintain of ICT applications
- Undertaking infrastructure asset renewal programs
- Maintaining the Microsoft suite of desktop products
- Design and delivery of ICT/desktop applications training to the end users
- Providing end user support
- Assisting with Help Desk when required
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you must have relevant cyber security experience and be an excellent communicator, accustomed to managing internal relationships, with the ability to provide ongoing support, maintenance, and lifecycle of the ICT environment.
- Cyber Security and Information Security Certification
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Communication Technology or equivalent experience
- High level skills and knowledge with in a virtualised, Microsoft server environment
- Previous experience in working with networks in a complex environment
- Ability to build, migrate and maintain the Microsoft suite of Server and desktop products
- Ability to support Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Exchange Online
- High level written and oral communication skills
If you enjoy working as an integral part of technical team, please forward your resume and up to a 3-page cover letter, addressing all selection criteria in the position description by clicking APPLY.