Orana is a not-for-profit organisation that has played a vital role in supporting South Australians living with disability for over 70 years. They deliver employment, housing, training, short term accommodation, skill development programs and life skills support to over 650 South Australians living with disability.
With the commercial transformation of the not-for-profit sector, the Business Services unit is the commercial arm of Orana, providing supported employment and training options to people living with disability.
Orana offers quality workmanship across nine Business Service facilities in metropolitan and regional South Australia. Each facility offers solutions for a range of services for consumable items, property maintenance, carpentry manufacturing, pallet making and council upkeep.
The newly created role of Senior Manager, Commercial Partnerships is responsible for managing the operational and financial performance of the Business Services unit.
As an integral part of the leadership team, you will focus on leading the continuous improvement of current operations, whilst identifying and generating new business opportunities to grow their services and help Orana to achieve commercial success.
Located at their Netley site and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying new business opportunities and engaging with organisations to achieve formal partnership agreements
- Negotiating and approving contracts
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Providing leadership and direction to the Business Services team (including 7 direct reports)
- Providing commercial and strategic advice to the Chief Operating Officer
- Operational management including budgeting and reporting
- Ensuring the highest standards of product delivery are being met
- Liaising and collaborating with organisational departments
- Positively leading change management across the Business Services unit
We’re seeking an innovative and dynamic Senior Manager with strong commercial acumen and a track record in improving business performance and achieving operational excellence.
Other skills, experience and attributes required include:
- Strong operational and sales experience
- Proven ability in leading and motivating a team
- Confident communicator with the ability to build meaningful partnerships with a range of organisations and stakeholders
- Positive and influential leader who is able to facilitate change and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in overseeing the contract management process including managing negotiations
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills with the ability to operate and communicate at a senior level
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Finance or Marketing
- Previous experience in FMCG and/or a manufacturing environment
If you believe you have the required skills and experience and are excited by the prospect of helping a local not-for-profit organisation to achieve commercial success, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please forward your resume and covering letter to Melanie Mansfield at Blackman Mansfield Recruitment by clicking APPLY. Further enquiries can be directed to Mel on 0411 471 822.