Senami are a rapidly growing disability and mental health service provider located in Smithfield. They aim to consistently deliver high-quality, inclusive, and compassionate care to the community’s most vulnerable people.
As an organisation committed to empowering people and enhancing quality of life, they provide a broad range of services include counselling, accommodation and respite, support coordination, allied health, plan management and disability accommodation.
Due to on-going business growth, Senami are seeking to appoint a highly experienced disability services professional to the newly created position of Service Delivery & Compliance Officer.
The Service Delivery & Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring Clinical Governance, accountability, NDIS compliance and refine the implementation of services for best-practice service delivery across the residential sites.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and coaching to Residential Team Leaders
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to strengthen service delivery
- Ensuring documentation is compliant with legislation and framework
- Actively engaging in workplace activities to improve the environment and service to clients eg regularly attending residential sites
- Ensuring high-quality service and support is consistently provided across residential sites
- Advocating on behalf of clients
- Ensuring compliance with Statutory and Regulatory requirements
- Providing general support to the disability services team and the broader organisation
Our ideal applicant will have extensive experience and be well-networked within the disability services sector. A proactive approach with the ability to build positive working relationships and influence others is essential.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- A confident communicator with the ability to deal with a range of people
- Comprehensive Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme’s Safeguards and Quality Framework
- Excellent knowledge of NDIS framework, practice standards, NDIS Quality and Safeguarding for people with disability
- Value driven person-centred practices
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel between sites (predominantly northern suburbs)
- NDIS worker clearance
- Current driver’s license
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite and general IT/systems knowledge
If you have a background in the disability services sector and are seeking an opportunity to utilise your skills and knowledge to improve the lives of others, we would love to hear from you!
Please forward your resume and covering letter in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield on 0411 471 822.