PMB Defence is the leading supplier of high-quality energy and specialised engineering solutions for submarines. The company formed in 1989 to manufacture the Main Storage Battery for the COLLINS Class submarines.
Due to the growth in a number of product lines and contracts of similar nature and complexity as their current Collins Class Submarine Program, PMB Defence is looking for a talented and experienced Strategic Procurement Specialist to lead and execute the strategic procurement needs of the business.
This role is crucial in maintaining PMB’s steady growth in Australia and is responsible for creating supply chains (in Australia and overseas) to support new business capture activities, including subcontracting, supply planning, procurement and supplier partnerships.
Reporting to the Commercial and Contracts Manager your core responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with internal and external customers regarding their procurement needs and establishing suitable contracts with suppliers
- Facilitating contract negotiations with existing and potential suppliers
- The development and execution of strategic sourcing strategies
- Managing the end-to-end Request For Quotation (RFQ) process
- Supporting internal and external stakeholders in the development and implementation of category and procurement strategies
- Managing the supplier performance evaluation process
- Proactively pursue and advise of alternative sourcing models
- The planning, development and negotiation of contracts including managing vendor relationships
As a forward-thinking, team player who embraces innovation and collaboration, you will possess previous experience in a similar role. Experience should include subcontract development and supplier management from within the Defence, Manufacturing or Resource sectors.
A background in technical/engineering with ability to travel internationally for negotiations/audits will be viewed favourably.
Other attributes, experience and skills required include:
- Extensive strategic procurement background dealing with overseas suppliers
- Ability to develop and implement innovative procurement solutions
- Knowledge of import and export requirements internationally
- Supplier auditing capability
- Pro-active approach with the ability to work to deadlines
- Highly developed negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to obtain NV1 Defence Clearance (Must be an Australian Citizen)
If the opportunity to play a key role in the growth of a culturally innovative organisation is exciting to you, this could be your new role!
To apply, please forward your resume in MS Word format by clicking APPLY. For further information please contact Melanie Mansfield 0411 471 822.