Lutheran Community Care provides support to communities through emergency relief, financial counselling, family support and education, foster care, housing and family shelter and refugee services. Foster Care Services (FCS) delivers family based foster care services throughout SA Metropolitan, Adelaide Hills, Barossa and Murray/Mallee regions.
Due to recent expansion, Foster Care Services is seeking to appoint an Assessment Team Leader, to provide leadership and management to a multi-site team responsible for the assessment of potential foster carers.
Reporting to the Senior Manager and as member of the Foster Care Services leadership team you will be required to:
- Undertake foster carer assessments, using step by step tools and processes
- Provide support and supervision for assessment team members
- Manage the preparation of assessment reports
- Ensure effective communication with applicants undergoing assessment.
- Liaise with government and external agencies throughout approval processes
- Coordinate the transition of approved and registered foster carers
- Team recruitment and training
- Develop assessment material and resources
- Assist other teams within Foster Care Services
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Demonstrate experience in assessment of foster carers and placement of children (highly desirable)
- Experience within foster care services
- Knowledge and understanding of issues facing foster carers
- High level communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience and/or abilities leading and managing teams
- Hold a current Child Safe Environments training certificate
- Have the flexibility to be part of a ‘passive’ rotational roster providing 24/7 support to Foster Carers
Lutheran Community Care offers a Level 5 salary and the opportunity to work within one of South Australia’s highly respected foster care environments. You will also have access to staff benefits, including salary packaging, ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
If you are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives and enjoy the challenge that a leadership role brings, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document by clicking “Apply”. For further information, please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145