Roads are the lifeblood of our communities. They connect people to their places of work, schools, shops and businesses, friends and family. Town of Gawler is currently seeking a Traffic Engineer, in an operational role to design, develop, scope and manage traffic infrastructure projects.
With majors investments and an ever expanding community, the role of Traffic Engineer will drive improvements in safety, support tourism and freight, and focus on the future planning and economic prosperity of the council region.
You will have responsibility for the timely and effective management of projects including:
- Local Area Traffic Management Plans
- Traffic Investigation
- High level involment in Gawler East Link Road $55M project
- Major Projects with State Government at key arterials $10M
- Gawler Rail Electrication – Stage 2 $642M
Day to day responsibilities include;
- Provision of technical expertise in traffic management
- Reporting on transport related matters
- Road Safety Audits along Council’s local roads network
- Receive, respond to and assist with enquiries and complaints from the community
- Contribute to tender documentation and contract evaluation/administration
- Liaise with other councils, user groups and other external stakeholders in relation to traffic
- Financial accountability for traffic projects
- Preparation of accurate and timely funding submissions
To be successful in this specialised role, you will be an experienced Civil Engineer with a background in civil design and have an understanding of traffic and transport engineering gained from State or Local Government, or as a consultant from within a commerical environment.
Your past experience will enable you to look at the bigger picture of transport as a whole and have the ability to provide high level technical advice to complex issues.
You will also possess:
- The ability to write complex and comprehensive reports
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Financial understanding regarding budgeting, project costing and expenditure control
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, web technologies, GIS, CAD and MetroCount traffic counter
If you’re seeking a specialised civil engineering role with a high level of responsibility and involvement in key projects, forward your resume and cover letter by clicking APPLY.
For further information please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145 for a confidential discussion.