Situated in the stunning Adelaide Hills wine region, this family owned and internationally acclaimed, contemporary winery produce ultra-premium products.
They strive for excellence in all aspects of their business and aim to deliver a superior customer experience across each of their service offerings. With this in mind, they require their staff to display a high level of professionalism at all times and work together to achieve their business objectives.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Viticulturist/Vineyard Manager forms an integral part of the winemaking and production team and is responsible for ensuring the vineyard meets world class standards using sustainable and where possible, organic vineyard practices.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide sound, informed viticultural advice to the winemaking team
- The supervision and day to day management of a Vineyard Hand
- Make accurate crop estimates and ensure cropping levels maximise fruit quality
- Assist in making informed picking decisions
- Build and maintain strong connections with growers
- Undertake visual inspection of vineyards with the ability to identify incidents of pest and disease
To be successful you will possess the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A commitment to sustainable vineyard practices
- Tertiary qualifications in Viticulture
- Strong practical and technical knowledge in Viticulture operations
- Effective decision making skills
- Highly developed communication skills
If you are seeking a new opportunity within a vibrant and high performing culture, submit your CV now. For a confidential discussion please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145 or Mel Mansfield 0411 471 822.