Eldercare is a not-for-profit, values based organisation, operating 13 residential aged care facilities, across metropolitan Adelaide and country South Australia with over 1200 employees. Eldercare values staff with initiative and passion for providing excellence in service, based wholly around their residents.
Due to a restructure within Eldercare, the rostering function for the organisation is being centralised within the Head Office, located at Eastwood.
Reporting to the Roster Coordinator, Schedulers will be responsible for the roster functions for all Eldercare sites including preparation of schedules and organising replacement staff for planned and unplanned leave, over the weekend and on Public Holidays. We currently require 2 x Schedulers for the following shifts, with flexibility to work weekdays when required
Morning Shift – 5.30am – 1.30pm (Sat, Sun & P/H)
Afternoon Shift – 2.00pm – 10.00pm (Sat, Sun & P/H)
- Prepare 24/7 schedules for all sites
- Organise replacement staff for planned and unplanned absences
- Coordinate casual nursing, personal care, lifestyle and site administration staff
- Verify staff hours worked for sites
- Ensure effective use of staff to minimise agency usage
- Monitor unplanned leave
- Handle roster enquiries
- Maintain details on rostering system
Skills and Experience
- Experience with a similar role in a complex roster/scheduling environment
- Knowledge of award interpretation
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills and customer service focus
- Well-developed communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Aurion and/or Riteq software would be highly regarded
If you are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives and enjoy the challenge that any newly created role brings, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document and please nominate your preferred shift preference by clicking “Apply”. For further information, please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435 890 145.