An Australian manufacturer and supplier of end-to-end specialised engineering services to the resources, energy, defence, and rail industries, is seeking to appoint the expertise of a systems focused WHS Coordinator.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for supporting, implementing and maintaining the delivery of Health Safety and Environmental systems to meet legislative requirements and ISO certifications across the manufacturing site and branches throughout Australia.
- Implementation and monitoring of safety and environmental systems
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of quality systems
- Providing WHS guidance and direction to line managers, supervisors and WHS representatives.
- Maintaining policies and procedures compliant to legislation requirements
- Development of a safety culture across the business
- Participating and assisting in internal audits
- Investigation of incidents and accidents
- Providing WHS training
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this integral role, you will possess a strong systems knowledge together with practical experience in the monitoring and implementation of ISO/ASNZ standards, gained within manufacturing environments, ideally automotive or similar.
Other required skills, experience and attributes include:
- Qualifications in WHS preferably Cert IV
- Knowledge of IS045001, ISO14001 and IS090001
- Exceptional influencing and communication skills across all levels of employee/management
- Ability to advise and apply statutory obligations.
- Understanding of risk assessment and risk management practices
- Accreditation in Training and Assessment (desirable)
If you’re a systems/policy orientated WHS professional who enjoys working within a manufacturing environment, please forward your resume in Word format by clicking APPLY.
For a confidential discussion please contact Joanne Blackman on 0435890145.