We’re just over the halfway mark for the year so I thought it might be a good time to re-cap and share with you some of our plans for the remainder of the year.
In the past 6 months we’ve really seen the business take off and we’re becoming more recognised in the market – we’ve even had our first few calls from businesses who have seen us on social media and are keen to learn more.
Whilst we love building new relationships, we’re also extremely thankful for the number of people we have crossed paths with over the years who have sought Joanne and I out to work with us. Believe me, we’re under no illusions as to the amount of choice employers have when it comes to outsourcing their recruitment. Based on the amazing feedback we consistently receive, including two recent examples below; I think they’ve been happy with their decision!
“Blackman Mansfield have made it very easy for us to partner with them. With a transparent business model and very competitive fees, the success we have had with some hard to fill roles has been fantastic. Thanks to Joanne, we have some very happy hiring managers and some talented and engaged new team members.” Sam Kluppels, ECH
“Mel is extremely personable and easy to talk with and the brief I gave her for the role, she grasped quickly and managed to fill both our temp and perm roles with AH-mazing candidates. I would not hesitate to utilise Mel again – I was very impressed with her level of service, her swift turnaround times, and the assistance in general that she gave me along the way to get these 2 x placements right.” Holly Newell, Statewide Super
Here are some of our highlights from the past 6 months – any excuse to re-visit the success!
- The permanent placement of a Personal Assistant within 48 hours of being appointed to the recruit. Our client had advertised the role themselves twice unsuccessfully, plus we were competing with a large, long established agency. Oh yes, I enjoyed a celebratory wine after finalising this one!
- Placing a junior into her first ever paid position. She had been looking for work for over 12 months so she was a little excited to say the least – to top it off she did a great job and even left a thank you note and a chocolate for the Executive Officer when her assignment ended.
- Forming some fantastic new relationships and receiving incredible feedback from clients including; ECH, Statewide Super, Beerenberg, Jurlique and Seeley International.
- Joanne undertook some consulting work within a local council where she had the opportunity to provide career and job seeker advice to a group of people.
- The success we’ve had in placing professional staff in what can be quite challenging locations including Victor Harbor, Barossa Valley and Mount Barker.
What’s in store for the next 6 months..
- We’re about to launch a marketing campaign in the Food and Wine sector to increase our presence in this space. Later in the year we’ll be doing the same in the not-for-profit sector.
- In August we’ll be holding our next breakfast event for clients, the topic will be ‘Transformational Leadership’. We have two fabulous speakers, both Executive Officers of local not-for-profit organisations who will be sharing their experiences and ‘war stories’. It’s shaping up to be a great event!
- Our social media is about to get a re-vamp. One very exciting addition to our regular content will be videos of Jo and I interviewing local business professionals. Something we love about our job is the opportunity we have to meet lots of very talented and interesting people so we thought it would be great to be able to share this with you. We already have some very interesting and successful people lined up so keep an eye out!
So thanks to everyone we’ve worked with so far, as well as the people who continue to stay in contact with us and receive our updates and blog posts.
Wishing you all the best for the months ahead!